Princes Corned Beef New York Deli Sandwich
Our corned beef deli sandwich is a delicious lunchtime snack.
- Serves: 2
- 1x 340g can Princes Finest Corned Beef sliced into 8
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot English mustard
- To make the pickled cabbage
- 30g butter
- 300g white cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup malt vinegar
How to make it
1. To make the pickled cabbage, place the butter in a saucepan over high heat. Add cabbage and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
2. Add the sugar and vinegar and cook, stirring for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and the cabbage is tender. Set aside.
3. Spread the mayonnaise and mustard onto two slices of the bread, then place one slice of Swiss cheese, followed by 4 pieces of corned beef, another slice of cheese then finally the cabbage. Top with the remaining 2 pieces of bread, cut in half and serve.