Mackerel, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Crispy Bacon
- Serves: 2
- Preparation: Approx 10 minutes
- Cooking time: Approx 5 minutes
- 125g can Princes Mackerel Fillets in Olive Oil
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, snipped into pieces
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small bag mixed salad leaves
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
How to make it
1. Drain the olive oil from the can of Princes Mackerel Fillets into a salad bowl. Break the fish into chunks and set aside.
2. Dry fry the bacon bits in a non-stick frying pan until crisp.
3. While the bacon is cooking, mix the lemon juice or cider vinegar into the olive oil, adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Add the salad leaves, spring onions, tomatoes and avocado to the salad bowl, tossing gently to coat with the dressing. Serve, topped with the chunks of mackerel and hot crispy bacon bits.