Princes Tangy Mustard Mackerel Toasts
- Serves: 2
- Preparation: Approx 10 minutes
- Cooking time: Approx 4 minutes
- 125g can Princes Mackerel Fillets in Tangy Mustard Sauce
- 2 slices rustic bread, such as sourdough or ciabatta
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion or chives
- Parsley sprigs, to garnish (optional)
How to make it
1. Preheat the grill. Break the Princes Mackerel Fillets into chunks, reserving the sauce.
2. Toast the slices of bread on one side.
3. Mix together the tomatoes and red pepper. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pile onto the untoasted sides of the bread. Return to the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Share the mackerel between the toasts, drizzling the mustard sauce over the top. Add the chopped spring onion or chives and serve, garnished with parsley.