Summer Pasta with Mackerel in Tomato Sauce
- Serves: 2
- Preparation: Approx 10 minutes
- Cooking time: Approx 12 minutes
- 125g can Princes Mackerel Fillets in Tomato Sauce
- 100g pasta shapes, such as spirals or bows
- 80g fine green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- Handful of rocket
- Basil leaves, to garnish
How to make it
1. Break the Princes Mackerel Fillets into chunks, reserving the sauce.
2. Cook the pasta shapes in boiling, lightly salted water for 10-12 minutes, adding the green beans to the pan after the pasta has cooked for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool quickly.
3. While the pasta is cooking, mix together the vinegar and olive oil in a salad bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the red onion, stirring to mix. Leave to stand for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, cooled pasta and green beans to the salad bowl, tossing to mix, then gently stir in the rocket. Serve with the chunks of mackerel and tomato sauce, garnished with a few basil leaves.