Texas BBQ Mackerel with Wedges and Coleslaw
- Serves: 2
- Preparation: Approx 15 minutes
- Cooking time: Approx 30 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes (or baking potatoes), each cut into 6-8 wedges
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 x125g cans Princes Texas BBQ Mackerel Fillets
- 100g Savoy or green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice
How to make it
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
2. Toss the sweet potato wedges (or regular potato wedges) in the vegetable oil. Arrange them on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes until tender, turning once after 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, break the Princes Texas BBQ Mackerel Fillets into large chunks, reserving the sauce.
4. Make the coleslaw by mixing together the cabbage, carrot, onion, chives and mayonnaise. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Serve the mackerel chunks with their sauce, accompanied by the potato wedges and coleslaw.