2x145g cans Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water
4 spring onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
800g cold mashed potato
100g sweetcorn, thawed if frozen
1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Plain flour, for dusting
1 egg, beaten
100g dried breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil, for frying
Simple Tuna Fish Cakes
20 minutes prep
12 minutes cooking
These tasty fish cakes are a cinch to make, and they taste fantastic!
Where can I buy Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water?
Princes Tuna Chunks are available in Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's and selected independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
- Drain the cans of Princes Tuna Chunks and tip onto a plate. Break the fish into chunks and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the spring onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly, then mix into the potato with the sweetcorn and parsley.
- Add the tuna, season with salt and pepper and mix together. Form into 8 small or 4 large fish cakes and coat them lightly in plain flour.
- Beat the egg with 2tbsp cold water. Dip the fish cakes in the egg and coat them in breadcrumbs. Chill until ready to cook.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and shallow fry the fish cakes for 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve with salad or vegetables.