Mandarin Segments in Juice
1 x 298g can of Princes Mandarin Segments with Juice, drained
170g soft margarine
170g caster sugar
3 medium eggs, beaten
170g self-raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
For the buttercream:
50g unsalted softened butter
100g icing sugar
A few drops of orange essence
Dusting of icing sugar (optional)
Princes Mandarin Segments with juice are available in selected Tesco and Independent stores.
1. Place cupcake or muffin cases into muffin tins. Preheat the oven 180°/ 160Â° Fan/Gas Mark 4.
2. Reserve 24-28 of the Princes Mandarin Segments for decoration and chop 85g of the remaining mandarins.
3. Place all the cupcake ingredients in a large mixing bowl apart from the mandarins, beat together with an electric hand whisk for 2 minutes until light and fluffy, stir the chopped mandarins into the mixture.
4. Divide the cake mixture between the cupcake cases filling approximately 2/3 of each case.
5. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes until golden brown. Allow the cakes to cool on a cooling tray.
6. Beat together the ingredients for the butter cream.
7. When cakes are cold, cut a cone shape from the centre of each cake. Place a spoonful of buttercream in the centre each cake, or pipe the buttercream, and top with a couple of Princes Mandarin Segments, place on the cake cap and dust with icing sugar if desired.
Here’s just a few of our favourite products.