1 x 340g tin Princes Corned Beef – cut into 2cm cubes
300g potatoes – peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
2 medium carrots – peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp frozen sweetcorn
2 tbsp tomato ketchup or chutney
Salt and pepper for seasoning
2 x 320g packets ready rolled shortcrust pastry or 1 x 500g block
Corned Beef Pasties
by Helen from Fuss Free Flavours
6 pasties servings
Helen from Fuss Free Flavours created this exclusive recipe as ambassador for the Come Home to Princes campaign!
Where can I buy Princes Corned Beef?
Princes Corned Beef is available in all major supermarkets and selected independents
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6 / 200C
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a pan of water and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until they start to soften. Drain and set to one side.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little vegetable oil until translucent.
- Add the corned beef to the onion and garlic and mix in.
- Add the cooked potato, carrots and sweetcorn. Stir and cook until the corned beef cubes break up a little, but do try and keep some texture.
- Season to taste.
- Unroll the pastry if using ready roll, or roll out on a floured work top to the thickness of a pound coin. Use a side plate or saucer to cut out six 7″/18cm circles.
- Spoon the mix onto the pastry, brush around the edge of the pastry with the beaten egg, fold up the edges and pinch together. Then use your fingers to crimp.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 30 – 35 minutes until golden brown.