3 x 120g cans Princes Sardines in a Rich Tomato Sauce
5 large beefsteak tomatoes
1 red onion
1 clove garlic
1 red chilli
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cumin
3 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
Freshly ground black pepper
Sardines and Couscous Stuffed Tomatoes
This easy-to-make recipe is full of flavour and sure to impress.
Where can I buy Princes Sardines in a Rich Tomato Sauce?
Princes Sardines in a rich tomato sauce are available in selected independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||135.59kcal ||2.55g ||3.76g ||0.63g ||0.35g |
||7% ||3% ||5% ||3% ||6% |
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Soak the couscous according to the manufacturer’s instructions and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice the tops off 4 of the tomatoes, scoop out the seeds and discard. Chop the remaining tomato and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and red chilli. Place in a bowl and mix in the lemon juice. Stand for 5 minutes then transfer to a small pan and add 3 tbsp water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in the spices, chopped tomato, coriander and seasoning to taste. Stir in the couscous. Flake the Princes Sardines in a Rich Tomato Sauce into the mixture and mix well.
- Place the hollowed out tomatoes in a roasting tin and fill them with the couscous mixture. Replace the tops and pour in sufficient boiling water to cover the bottom of the tin. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 15 minutes until just split and tender. Drain and serve immediately with green beans.
N.B: This recipe is not suitable for home freezing.