2 x 145g cans Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water
4 medium peppers, halved and cored
3tbsp olive or vegetable oil
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 vegetable stock cube
400ml boiling water
6 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Tuna and Couscous Roast Peppers
10 minutes prep
25 minutes cooking
Try this very tasty roast pepper dish for a colourful, healthy main meal.
You can serve the peppers when cold as part of a salad.
Where can I buy Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water?
Princes Tuna Chunks are available in Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and selected independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||90Kcal ||2.3g ||2.7g ||0.4g ||0.21g |
||5% ||3% ||4% ||2% ||4% |
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°, Gas Mark 6.
- Drain the cans of tuna and break into chunks. Cover and set aside.
- Arrange the peppers, cut sides up, in a roasting tin. Sprinkle with 2tbsp olive or vegetable oil. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous into a heatproof bowl and add the lemon zest. Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water and pour over the couscous. Leave to soak and swell for 10 minutes.
- While the couscous is soaking, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and gently fry the spring onions until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, then stir in the spring onions and cherry tomatoes. Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed. Share this couscous between the pepper halves. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, then top with the tuna chunks and serve immediately.