145g can Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water
4 spring onions, finely chopped
400g cold mashed potato
100g sweetcorn, thawed if frozen
1tbsp chopped fresh chives or parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Plain flour, for dusting
1 egg, beaten
Vegetable oil, for frying
4 seeded burger buns, split through the middle
Shredded lettuce, cucumber and tomato, to serve
Tuna and Sweetcorn Burgers
20 minutes prep
8 minutes cooking
Tuna lovers will adore these tasty burgers!
Try topping the burgers with a dollop of mayo flavoured with finely grated lemon zest.
If serving at a BBQ, precook as above, wrap in foil and re-heat over the barbecue coals.
Where can I buy Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water?
Princes Tuna Chunks are available in Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and selected independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||135Kcal ||1.9g ||5.1g ||1.5g ||0.29g |
||7% ||2% ||7% ||8% ||5% |
- Drain the can of Princes Tuna Chunks and tip onto a plate. Break into chunks and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the spring onions for 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly, then mix into the potato with the sweetcorn and chives or parsley.
- Add the tuna, season with salt and pepper and mix together. Form into 4 burgers and coat them lightly in plain flour.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl. Dip the burgers in the egg and coat them in the flour once more. Chill until ready to cook.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and shallow fry the burgers for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Toast or chargrill the cut sides of the burger buns, then add the tuna burgers and serve with lettuce, cucumber and tomato.