2 x 145g cans Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water, drained
400g new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
150g asparagus spears, cut into thirds
80g mixed salad leaves (spinach, watercress and rocket)
2 medium eggs
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Pinch of salt, pepper and sugar, to taste
Tuna, Asparagus and Potato Salad, with Perfect Poached Egg
10 minutes prep
20 minutes cooking
Where can I buy Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water?
Princes Tuna Chunks are available in Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and selected independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||92kcal ||3g ||2.6g ||0.5g ||0.3g |
||5% ||3% ||4% ||3% ||5% |
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Boil the new potatoes for 18 minutes, adding the asparagus to the boiling water 4 minutes before the potatoes are done. Drain and set aside.
- Place the salad leaves on the plates, top with the cooked new potatoes and asparagus, then top with the tuna.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients, season to taste and spoon over the salads.
- Bring another saucepan of water to the boil, then lower the temperature to a steady simmer. Stir the water around with a spoon, and crack in the eggs one at a time. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes for a perfect poach.
- Top the salads with the drained poached eggs and serve, sprinkled with black pepper