Tuna Burgers with a Sweet and Tangy Slaw
by Lily Soutter
Under 20 minutes prep
15 minutes cooking
After a Christmas of heavy comfort foods, this light yet flavoursome dish is the perfect way to start the New Year with a kick. These Asian inspired tuna burgers balance perfectly with the citrusy tangy slaw. Princes Tuna in spring water is the hero ingredient in the burgers as it is high in protein and low in saturated fats , delivering a delicious and nourishing meal in under 20 minutes!
Where can I buy Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water?
Princes Tuna Chunks are available in Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and selected independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||125Kcal ||6.3g ||3.6g ||0.6g ||0.61g |
||6% ||7% ||5% ||3% ||10% |
- Turn on the oven to 220 degrees celsius
- Drain the Princes Tuna in Spring Water and add to a large bowl
- Add soy sauce, panko breadcrumbs, chopped coriander, chopped chilli and three quatres of the spring onion in a bowl.
- Slice spring onion, coriander and the deseeded red chillies
- Add 100ml water, mix and set aside to absorb for a minute or two.
- Shape the tuna mixture into 4 burger patties, and put onto a lightly oiled tray. Cook in the oven for 10-15 mins until golden and cooked through.
- Whilst burgers are cooking, start preparing your sweet and tangy apple slaw. Slice the apple finely into matchsticks and grate the carrot. Add to a bowl with raisins, the juice of 1 lime, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt, ensuring that the apple is thoroughly coated. Mix well to complete your slaw
- Serve 2 tuna burgers per person with a drizzle of green pesto and with the sweet and tangy slaw
100% recyclable tuna multipacks are just one step on our journey to be more sustainable