1 x 410g can Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling
1 x 395g can Princes Apple Fruit Filling
500g pack ready-to-roll puff pastry
A little flour, for dusting
A little vegetable oil, for greasing
1 small egg, beaten with 1tbsp water
Whipped fresh cream or crème fraiche, to serve
Apple and Cherry Smart Tarts
by Sue Ashworth
25 minutes prep
15 minutes cooking
For a simply delicious treat, try these yummy fruit tarts.
You could try a different variation of Princes Fruit Fillings, such as Summer Fruits or Blackcurrant.
For speed, use frozen ready-to-cook vol-au-vent cases. They will be slightly smaller – though you can make more!
Where can I buy Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling?
Princes Fruit fillings are available in all major supermarkets and selected independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||248 ||14g ||15g ||7.9g ||0.3g |
||12% ||16% ||21% ||40% ||5% |
- Tip the cans of Fruit Filling into two separate bowls.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan oven 200°C, Gas Mark 7.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface. Use an 8cm cutter to stamp out 12 circles. Put these onto greased baking sheets. Using a 6cm cutter, press down lightly on each circle of pastry, without cutting right through, to make the borders. Brush the borders with the beaten egg mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until risen and golden brown. Cool.
- On each pastry case, carefully push the central pastry circle down to form a hollow. Fill half the tarts with Black Cherry Fruit Filling and the remainder with Apple Fruit Filling.
- Serve with whipped fresh cream or crème fraiche.