1 x 400g can of Princes Apple Fruit Filling
30g dried cranberries
¼ tsp ground mixed spice
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
A little margarine, for greasing
100g self-raising flour
100g caster sugar
100g soft margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract
Custard, to serve
Apple and Cranberry Puddings
15 minutes (plus 30 minutes soaking) prep
25 minutes cooking
Where can I buy Princes Apple Fruit Filling?
Princes Fruit fillings are available in all major supermarkets and selected independents
- First of all, put the dried cranberries in a heatproof bowl and cover them with boiling water. Leave them to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the soaked cranberries thoroughly and mix them with the Princes Apple Fruit Filling. Stir in the ground mixed spice and cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease 6 individual pudding basins or ramekins with a little margarine. Spoon the fruit filling into the pudding basins or ramekins.
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, margarine, unbeaten eggs and vanilla extract. Use a hand-held electric mixer or wooden spoon to beat the mixture together until smooth and creamy - this will only take 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the pudding basins or ramekins and level the tops. Place on a baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges of the pudding basins or ramekins and turn out the puddings. Serve with custard.
Cook's tip: You could use ½ tsp ground mixed spice instead of using a combination of the two spices.