Black Cherry Batter Pudding
by Sue Ashworth
20 minutes prep
30-35 minutes cooking
Bake Black Cherry Fruit Filling in a quick-to make batter to create a fantastic dessert that all the family will love.
Where can I buy Princes Black Cherry Fillings & Toppings?
Princes Fruit fillings are available in Tesco & Morrisons
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||304 ||32g ||5.2g ||2.2g ||0.33g |
||15% ||36% ||7% ||11% ||6% |
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5.
- Tip the can of cherries into a sieve placed over a saucepan, to drain off most of the sauce. Reserve the sauce.
- Grease a 1.5 litre shallow ovenproof dish with the butter. Add the cherries and spread them over the base.
- Put the flour, salt, caster sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and milk into a bowl and beat together with a whisk to make a smooth batter. Stand for a few minutes to dissolve the sugar.
- Stir the batter, then pour it over the cherries. Transfer to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the batter has puffed up and turned golden brown.
- Meanwhile, warm the reserved sauce for 1-2 minutes. Sift icing sugar over the pudding and serve with the sauce.
You could microwave the sauce on HIGH for 30 seconds to warm it through.
Make the batter a few hours ahead of time – just cover and keep refrigerated until needed.