2 x 410g cans Princes Fillings & Toppings BLACK CHERRY
100g butter, melted
150g digestive biscuits, crushed
1 x 11.5g sachet lemon and lime sugar free jelly crystals
100ml boiling water
500g extra light cream cheese
50g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
150ml double cream
Black Cherry Cheesecake
30 minutes, plus chilling and setting prep
Fruity and delicious, this delightful cheesecake makes the perfect dessert or afternoon tea treat.
Where can I buy Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling?
Princes Fruit fillings are available in all major supermarkets and selected independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||195Kcal ||10g ||13g ||7.4g ||0.41g |
||10% ||11% ||19% ||37% ||7% |
- Tip both cans of black cherry filling into a large sieve or colander placed over a bowl and leave to drain off some of the sauce.
- Mix the melted butter and biscuit crumbs together. Tip them into a 20cm (8 inch) loose-based cake tin or deep flan dish and press in an even layer over the base. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Put the jelly crystals into a measuring jug and add the boiling water, then leave for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until dissolved. Cool.
- Beat together the cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla extract. In a chilled bowl, whip the cream until it holds its shape. Fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the cooled dissolved jelly into the cream mixture, stirring gently and thoroughly. Spoon over the biscuit base and level the surface. Chill until set - about 2-3 hours.
- Carefully remove the set cheesecake from the tin. Spoon the black cherry filling over the top in an even layer. Chill until ready to serve.