410g can Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling
15g butter, softened
8 slices medium-cut white bread from a large sliced loaf, crusts removed
1 large egg
1tsp vanilla extract
Mint sprigs, to decorate
Mascarpone cheese or crème fraiche, to serve
Black Cherry French Toast Cups
20 minutes prep
20 minutes cooking
Looking for a clever idea for a simple fruity brunch or dessert? You’ve found it!
Where can I buy Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling?
Princes Fruit fillings are available in Tesco, Asda & Morrisons
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||392 ||13g ||18g ||10g ||0.95g |
||20% ||14% ||26% ||50% ||16% |
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Tip the can of Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling into a bowl. Set aside.
- Use the butter to grease 8 holes in a muffin tin. Trim the slices of bread into squares, then use a rolling pin to flatten them.
- Beat the egg, milk and vanilla together in a shallow bowl. One by one, briefly dip the slices of bread into the mixture. Carefully push each one into the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until set and light golden brown.
- Cool slightly, then spoon in the Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling. Serve with mascarpone cheese or crème fraiche.