Cherry and Chocolate Loaf Cake
10 minutes prep
1 hour cooking
Where can I buy Princes Black Cherry Fillings & Toppings?
Princes Fruit fillings are available in Tesco, Asda & Morrisons
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||247Kcal ||28.8g ||10.4g ||3.3g ||0.29g |
||17% ||32% ||20% ||23% ||7% |
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 900g loaf tin
- Place cherry pie filling into a sieve over a bowl and leave for 15mins to drain off some of the liquid. Reserve the liquid.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, sugar, yoghurt, eggs and 50mls of the reserved liquid from the cherries.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a separate bowl.
- Fold the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture taking care not to over mix. Stir in 100g cherries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 55-60mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes clean.
- Allow to cool for 15mins then turn out on a cooling rack.
- To prepare the topping, beat together the icing sugar and cream cheese. When the cake is completely cool spread the topping over the cake and pile the remaining cherries over the cream cheese topping.