1 x 125g can Princes Mackerel in a Hot Chilli Dressing
1 small green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 small red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
2 tsp ground paprika
1 tbsp olive oil
4 flour tortillas
Shredded little gem or cos lettuce to serve
For the guacamole:
1 medium tomato
1 ripe avocado
Juice of ½ lime
Chilli Mackerel Fajitas
15 minutes prep
12-15 minutes cooking
Where can I buy Princes Mackerel Fillets in Hot Chilli Dressing?
Princes Mackerel in a hot chilli dressing is available in selected Tesco and Sainsburys Stores
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||630kcal ||13.5g ||38.4g ||9.7g ||1.5g |
||32% ||15% ||55% ||49% ||25% |
- To make the guacamole: skin the tomato by placing in boiling water for no longer than 1 minute, then chop finely removing the seeds. Halve the avocado and remove the stone, scoop out the flesh and place in a medium bowl with the lime juice, mash and then add the tomato, season. Place in serving bowl and cover.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4. Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm through in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the pepper, onion and garlic in a bowl with the olive oil. Heat a large frying or griddle pan and stir-fry the vegetables for 5 minutes until softening and browning, add the paprika and fry for a further minute.
- Stir in the Princes Hot Chilli Mackerel and heat through.
- Make up the fajitas by spreading on the guacamole, spooning on the mackerel pepper mixture roll up and enjoy!! Serve with the shredded lettuce if desired.
Tip: Ensure you serve with a napkin or serviette and some sour cream.