Chocolate and Black Cherry Yule Log
30 minutes prep
8-10 minutes cooking
Where can I buy Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling?
Princes Fruit fillings are available in all major supermarkets and selected independents
- Preheat the oven to 200c / fan oven 180c gas mark 6. Grease a 30x23cm (12x9in) swiss roll tin with a little butter or margarine. Line with non stick baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and remove from the heat, sift in the flour, salt and cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Break the eggs into a separate large mixing bowl and add the sugar. Use a hand held electric mixer to whisk them together until very light and mousse-like. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and fold it in very gently, using a large metal spoon. Do this carefully to retain the air that has been whisked in. Next, fold in the melted butter.
- Tip the mixture into the prepard tin and level the surface (do this as quickly as possible) Bake for 8-10 minutes until the top springs back when touched lightly.
- Put a large sheet of non-stick baking parchment onto a work surface and turn the cooked cake onto it whilst still warm, so that it is upside down. Carefully peel off the lining paper. Roll up the cake along with the fresh baking parchment from the short end and leave to cool completely.
- To decorate, unroll the cake and spread the Princes Black Cherry fruit filling over the surface. Whip the cream and spread it evenly on top and then re-roll up carefully and place on a serving plate. Sift a little icing sugar and cocoa powder on the top and decorate with a sprig of holly, then serve.