1 x 410g can of Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling
225g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
150g caster sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
90g butter, melted
300g medium fat soft cheese
30g icing sugar
Chocolate flake or chocolate curls, to decorate
Chocolate Cherry Muffins
15 minutes prep
25 minutes cooking
Quick and easy to make, these delicious muffins will be an instant family favourite!
Where can I buy Princes Black Cherry Fillings & Toppings?
Princes Fruit fillings are available in Tesco & Morrisons
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||264kcal ||22.6g ||11.7g ||7.1g ||0.9g |
||13% ||25% ||17% ||36% ||15% |
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan oven 170°C/Gas Mark 5. Put 12 paper muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- Sift the flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- In a jug, beat the egg, milk and vanilla extract together, then stir in the melted butter. Pour into the dry ingredients and add half the can of Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling. Stir until just combined - do not beat!
- Share the mixture between the muffin cases. Bake for 23-25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix the soft cheese and icing sugar together. Use to top the muffins, along with the remaining Black Cherry Fruit Filling and some crumbled chocolate flake or chocolate curls.