15 minutes prep
A perfect dessert to create at a moment’s notice!
Where can I buy Princes Gooseberries in Syrup?
Princes Gooseberries in syrup are available in selected Sainsburys and Waitrose stores
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||196 Kcal ||15g ||13g ||8.1g ||0.13g |
||10% ||17% ||19% ||41% ||1% |
- Drain the can of gooseberries, discarding the syrup.
- Reserve a few gooseberries and crushed biscuits for decoration.
- Share half the remaining biscuits between 2 serving glasses. Layer half the gooseberries on top.
- Whip the cream in a chilled bowl until thick enough to hold its shape. Fold in the custard. Spoon half into the glasses.
- Repeat the layers of crushed biscuits, gooseberries and custard mixture.
- Decorate with the reserved gooseberries and crushed biscuits, then chill until ready to serve.