Mackerel Fillets in Sunflower Oil
1x 125g can Princes Mackerel Fillets in Sunflower Oil
3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
2 red onions, thinly sliced into rounds
½ cup vegetable stock
4 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
Butter for greasing
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons of flat leaf parsley chopped
Mackerel is a great natural source of omega 3. This hearty recipe is the perfect autumn comfort food and great for feeding a crowd.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
2. Grease a large baking dish with butter.
3. Layer half the potatoes on the bottom of the dish to cover and season well.
4. Scatter the onions over the potatoes.
5. Drain the oil from the mackerel fillets and place on top of the onions
6. Pour the vegetable stock over the fish and potatoes mix and scatter the bay leaves on.
7. Place the rest of the potatoes on top of the mackerel and season well again, then drizzle with the olive oil.
8. Cover with foil and bake in the hot oven for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes until the top is golden.
9. Finish with the flat leaf parsley and serve with crusty bread and salad.
Here’s just a few of our favourite products.