Mandarin Chocolate Orange Cake
by Lily Soutter
10 minutes prep
45 minutes cooking
Where can I buy Princes Mandarin Segments in Juice?
Princes Mandarin Segments with juice are available in selected Tesco, Morrisons, Waitrose and Independent stores.
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||257Kcal ||21g ||4.8g ||2.3g ||0.36g |
||13% ||23% ||7% ||12% ||6% |
- Heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- Drain mandarin segments, retaining the juice in separate bowl
- Whisk the eggs, and mix with honey, drained mandarins, caster sugar, salt, baking powder, flour, vanilla extract and chocolate powder. Mix ingredients until it forms a dough. Break 50g dark chocolate into pieces and fold in.
- Pour into a round baking pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked allow to cool. Before slicing use a skewer to make a few holes within the cake and drizzle over the left over juice from the canned mandarin. Drizzle over 20g melted chocolate, and an option touch of honey and mandarin zest.