Mandarin Crepes Suzette
by Sue Ashworth
15 minutes prep
20 minutes cooking
Pancakes go posh in this easy version of a classic recipe.
Top tip Prepare the pancakes ahead of time, as they can be re-heated in the sauce. In a hurry? You can buy ready-made pancakes for speed and convenience. Serve with whipped cream, Greek-style yogurt or crème fraiche.
Where can I buy Princes Mandarin Segments in Juice?
Princes Mandarin Segments with juice are available in selected Tesco, Morrisons and Waitrose stores
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||288 ||18g ||8.6g ||4.4g ||0.43g |
||14% ||20% ||12% ||22% ||7% |
- Drain the can of Princes Mandarin Segments, reserving the juice. Set aside.
- Beat together the flour, salt, eggs and milk with a wire whisk or stick blender to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add a few drops of oil. Pour in a quarter of the batter, tilting the pan so that the batter flows over the surface. Cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until set, then flip over to cook the other side. Make 4 pancakes in total. Fold into quarters and keep them in a warm place.
- Put the reserved orange juice into the frying pan with the sugar and butter. Heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes, until reduced and syrupy. Add the Cointreau or brandy (if using) and heat for a few moments.
- Put the folded pancakes into the frying pan and spoon over the sauce. Add the mandarins and cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes to gently warm though.