2x125g cans Princes Mackerel in Olive Oil
1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
1-2tsp medium curry powder
1tsp cumin seeds
2x250g packs microwaveable brown rice
2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Quick Mackerel Kedgeree
10 minutes prep
15 minutes cooking
For a speedy brunch, lunch or supper, you can’t beat this tasty fish dish.
Where can I buy Princes Mackerel Fillets in Olive Oil?
Princes Mackerel in Olive Oil is available in selected Tesco and Sainsbury's Stores
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||154kcal ||0.34g ||6.3g ||1.7g ||0.09g |
||8% ||0% ||9% ||9% ||1% |
- Drain the cans of Princes Mackerel in Olive Oil, reserving 1tbsp of the oil. Break the fish into chunks and set aside.
- Cook the eggs in simmering water for 10-12 minutes to hard-boil them.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan with the reserved oil. Gently fry the spring onions for 5-6 minutes until soft and golden. Stir in the curry powder and cumin seeds and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes.
- At the same time, microwave the rice according to pack instructions. Tip the contents into the frying pan. Add the mackerel chunks and parsley and stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shell the eggs and quarter them. Share the rice mixture between 2 serving plates and top with the eggs.
- Season with a little extra black pepper, then serve.