2 x 540g cans Princes Rhubarb in Light Syrup
150g plain flour
Pinch of salt
75g chilled butter, cut into pieces
30g caster sugar
Custard, ice cream or cream, to serve
15 minutes prep
30 minutes cooking
Enjoy rhubarb crumble all year round with this delicious recipe.
Where can I buy Princes Rhubarb in Light Syrup?
Princes Rhubarb is available in selected Tesco and Morrisons stores.
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||160 Kcal ||8.7g ||6.6g ||4.1g ||0.06g |
||8% ||10% ||9% ||21% ||1% |
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5.
- Drain the cans of rhubarb, reserving 300ml of the syrup. Tip the rhubarb into a baking dish.
- Put the syrup into a saucepan and whisk in the cornflour until smooth. Heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until thickened. Stir gently into the rhubarb.
- Put the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and add the butter. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the caster sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve with custard, ice cream or cream.