Rhubarb Drizzle Cake
by Miguel Barclay
15 mins prep
25-30 minutes cooking
Where can I buy Princes Rhubarb in Light Syrup?
Princes Rhubarb is available in selected Tesco, Morrisons & Sainsbury's stores.
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||303 Kcal ||35g ||12g ||7.3g ||0.17g |
||29% ||73% ||33% ||70% ||5% |
- In a bowl, mix the self raising flour, butter, eggs and caster sugar to create a cake batter
- Drain the rhubarb (keeping the juice for later) and fold the rhubarb into the cake batter
- Pour the batter into a lined loaf tin
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes at 180c until cooked through
- Meanwhile, mix 100ml of the rhubarb juice with 300g of icing sugar using a whisk to create a thick icing drizzle. You can add more icing sugar if it is too thin
- Once the cake is baked, allow to cool a bit and drizzle with the rhubarb icing drizzle and serve