Strawberries in Light Syrup
2 x 420g cans of Princes Strawberries in Light Syrup, drained
6 ready-made meringue nests
300mls double cream
Princes Strawberries in light syrup are available in selected Tesco, Morrisons and Co-operative stores
1. In a large bowl break up the meringues into small pieces.
2. Whip the cream until it reaches a soft dropping consistency and just holds its shape.
3. Fold the meringue into the cream.
4. Reserve 4 strawberries and lightly crush the remaining ones with a fork or potato masher.
5. Place a spoonful of the crushed strawberries into the base of 4 dessert glasses, follow with a layer of the meringue mixture and repeat.
6. Top each dish with the reserved strawberries and serve.
Here’s just a few of our favourite products.