150ml Princes pure apple juice
a little butter and plain flour, for greasing the tin
115ml rapeseed oil
225g caster sugar
3 large eggs
3 tbsp crème fraiche
315g plain flour
2½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the icing
60g icing sugar, sieved
1tbsp Princes pure apple juice
Apple & Cinammon Bundt Cake
10 minutes prep
50 minutes cooking
Where can I buy Princes Pure Apple Juice?
Princes Pure Juice is available in some supermarkets and selected Independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||317Kcal ||32g ||10g ||1.9g ||0.32g |
||14% ||32% ||13% ||9% ||5% |
- Pour the apple juice over the raisins and allow to soak for 30mins
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4. Grease the tin well and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, crème fraiche and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the oil, sugar, creme fraiche and egg mixture, add the raisins and juice and mix together, taking care not to mix any more than is necessary: overzealous stirring at this stage could result in a tough cake later
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a small knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10mins then turn out onto a wire rack
- To make icing sieve the icing sugar into a small bowl, add the apple juice, mix and drizzle over the cake
Toppings are optional but we've dusted with cinnamon and some crushed walnuts