340g can Princes Corned Beef, cut into cubes
1.5kg potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
1 large onion, chopped
4 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Corned Beef Hash
25 minutes prep
15 minutes cooking
Comfort food at its wintry best!
Where can I buy Princes Corned Beef?
Princes Corned Beef is available in all major supermarkets and selected independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||759kcal ||5.9g ||39g ||14.7g ||2.4g |
||38% ||7% ||56% ||74% ||40% |
- Cook the potato chunks in lightly salted boiling water for 5-8 minutes, until almost tender. It is important that they don't overcook.
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter in a very large frying pan and gently fry the onion for 6-8 minutes, until soft.
- Drain the potatoes thoroughly in a colander and let them steam dry for 2-3 minutes. Tip them into the frying pan and cook with the onion for a further 8 -10 minutes, until browned.
- Add the chunks of Princes Corned Beef and stir them through gently. Keep warm over a very low heat.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a separate frying pan and crack in the eggs, frying them for 2-3 minutes until done to your liking. Share the hash between four plates, topping each portion with a fried egg. Season and serve, sprinkled with black pepper.