1 x 395g Princes Apple fruit filling & topping
375g block puff pastry
Plain flour for rolling
2 tbsp sultanas
40g cake, crumbed * See cooks tip
1tsp ground cinnamon
1 small egg, beaten
2 tbsp golden caster sugar
6 edible eyes (for decoration)
Halloween Apple Pie Mummies
20 minutes prep
20-25 minutes cooking
Cooks tip: We used madeira cake but any plain cake or breadcrumbs will work for 40g cake, crumbed.
Where can I buy Princes Apple Fillings & Toppings?
Princes Apple Fruit fillings are available in Tesco, Asda, Morrisons & Sainsburys
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||229Kcal ||15g ||10.5g ||5g ||1.2g |
||34% ||49% ||44% ||77% ||20% |
- Preheat oven to 200C/180Cfan/gas 6.
- Divide the pastry into 3 equal pieces and roll each piece out to a rectangle measuring 14cm x16m. Using sharp knife trim the edges so they are straight.
- Mix the pie filling, cake crumbs, sultanas and cinnamon.
- Spread a third of the apple filling into the middle of each sheet of pastry, leaving a 5cm gap on each of the long edges.
- Cut pastry that is not covered with apple filling into strips about 1cm apart. Fold the pastry strips into the middle over the apple filling, occasionally over lapping strips.
- Chill in the fridge for 15mins. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle over sugar. Cook for 20-25mins or until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool, before decorating with the edible eyes