1 cup leftover rice
50g finely grated cheese
1 can Princes Ham – diced
½ cup leftover roast chicken – chopped
½ cup sweetcorn kernels
1 packet filo pastry
50g butter – melted
Ham and Cheese Filo Samosas
by Helen from Fuss Free Flavours
Approx 40 servings
Helen from Fuss Free Flavours created this exclusive recipe as ambassador for the Come Home to Princes campaign!
Where can I buy Princes Ham?
Princes Ham is available in all major supermarkets and selected independents
- Mix the rice, cheese, ham, chicken and sweetcorn together in a bowl.
- Open the packet of filo pastry and cut into strips about 6cm wide and about 24cm long (the short edge of most ready-made brands is about the right length). Use a slightly damp tea towel to cover the pastry that you are not working with to keep it from drying out and cracking.
- Take one strip of filo and brush it with melted butter. Put a teaspoon of the rice mix onto the pastry, then fold the corner up – keep folding until you have a triangle shaped parcel. Add some extra melted butter to stick the flap down.
- Place the finished samosa onto a baking tray.
- Brush all the samosas with a little melted butter, turn them over and brush the other side.
- Bake at 180C fan / 200C / Gas 6 for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with a dipping sauce made from natural yoghurt and sweet chilli sauce.