Kipper Brunch with Spinach and Poached Eggs
5 minutes prep
5 minutes cooking
Where can I buy Princes Kippers in Sunflower Oil?
Princes Kippers in Sunflower Oil are available in selected independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||366kcal ||Traceg ||17.5g ||4g ||3.8g |
||18% || ||25% ||20% ||63% |
- Place the kippers onto a microwaveable plate and cover with microwaveable film.
- Pour just-boiled water into a medium saucepan to a depth of about 10cm and add the vinegar. Swirl the water with a spoon, then carefully crack in the eggs. Cook over a very low heat for 3-4 minutes to poach the eggs until they are done to your liking.
- Microwave the kippers on high for 1-1 ½ minutes.
- Wilt the spinach by placing it in a large colander and slowly pouring over a kettle of boiling water.
- Ensure that the spinach is well drained, then share it between two warm serving plates. Arrange the kipper fillets on top. Use a draining spoon, lift a poached egg onto each portion, then serve, seasoned with black pepper and garnished with cherry tomatoes.