2 x 420g cans Princes Strawberries in Light Syrup
175g pack sponge fingers (boudoir biscuits)
500g pot ready-made custard
400ml double cream
20 minutes prep
Where can I buy Princes Strawberries in Light Syrup?
Princes Strawberries in light syrup are available in selected Tesco, Morrisons, Co-operative and Waitrose stores
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||231Kcal ||15g ||16g ||9.5g ||0.03g |
||21% ||31% ||42% ||87% ||1% |
- Drain the cans of strawberries into a sieve or colander placed over a large bowl. Reserve a few strawberries for decoration.
- One by one, dip half the sponge fingers into the syrup and arrange over the base of a trifle bowl. Scatter half the strawberries over the top of them.
- Spoon half the custard over the strawberries and spread out evenly.
- Whip the cream in a chilled bowl until thick enough to hold its shape. Spread half over the custard.
- Repeat the layers of soaked sponge fingers, raspberries, custard and cream.
- Decorate with the reserved strawberries, then chill until ready to serve.