Summer Fruits Chocolate Cake
20 minutes prep
15 minutes cooking
This all-in-one chocolate cake with it's fabulous summer fruit topping is not just easy to make, it is also delicious to eat!!
Where can I buy Princes Summer Fruits Fruit Filling?
Princes Fruit fillings are available in all major supermarkets and selected independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||258 Kcal ||15g ||16g ||9.9g ||0.13g |
||13% ||17% ||23% ||50% ||2% |
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Line the bases of 2 x 18cm (7 inch) sandwich tins with circles of baking paper.
- Tip both cans of summer fruits filling into a large sieve or colander placed over a bowl to drain off some of the sauce.
- Put the softened butter into a large mixing bowl with the caster sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and milk. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Use a wooden spoon to beat together thoroughly for 1 minute.
- Share between the prepared tins, levelling the tops. Bake for 13-15 minutes until risen and firm. Cool for 10 minutes, then turn out of the tins and cool completely.
- Whip the cream in a chilled bowl until it holds its shape. Spread evenly over the tops of the two cakes. Spoon the summer fruits filling evenly over the tops, then lift one cake onto the other to sandwich together.