Steak and mushroom pie
10 minutes prep
20-25 minutes cooking
Where can I buy Princes Stewed Steak in Gravy?
Princes Stewed Steak is available in selected Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's and Morrison's stores and selected independents
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||182Kcal ||0.6g ||10.1g ||4.9g ||0.74g |
||37% ||3% ||58% ||99% ||50% |
- Preheat oven to 200C/fan oven 180C /gas mark 6.
- Mix the beef stew and mushrooms. Divide the mixture between 2 shallow oven proof bowls, measuring around 12 cm diameter.
- Divide the pastry into 2 pieces and roll out each piece to make a circle with a diameter 1cm larger than the dish you are going to use.
- Brush the edge of the dish with beaten egg, then pop the pastry on top of the filling.
- Brush the top with egg then press the tip of a fork around the edges of the pastry to seal the filling in. Using the tip of a sharp knife make a small slit in the top of each pie to allow the steam to escape. Decorate the top of the pie with any pastry you have left
- Cook for 20-25mins or until golden brown.