This classic recipe takes the hassle out of cooking with pastry and provides a hearty winter snack.
Princes Stewed Steak is available in selected Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's and Morrison's stores and selected independents
1 x 392g can Princes Stewed Steak
1 medium potato, peeled, diced and boiled
2 sheets of ready made shortcrust pastry
1 egg whisked
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/ Gas 6.
2. Lightly flour your work surface and place one sheet of the pastry on it. Place a bowl around 10cm wide (cereal bowls are ideal) on one half of the sheet making sure you can fit another the same size on the pastry so that each sheet produces two pasties. (You can gently roll the pastry out a little to make it larger and thinner to fit two bowls).
3. Cut around the edges of the bowls with a sharp-tipped knife and peel the leftover pastry away. Gently lift the bowls off leaving two circles of pastry on your surface.
4. Spoon ¼ of a cup of the stewed steak onto half of a round and add a few pieces of the potato. Brush the edges with the egg, fold over to enclose and press edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
5. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush the pasties with the remaining egg.
6. Bake for 25-30 mins or until golden. Serve with chutney.