Baked Salmon Cakes
Our baked salmon cakes are a healthy take on a family favourite and are full of omega 3.
Where can I buy Princes Wild Pacific Red Salmon?
Princes Wild Pacific Red Salmon is available in selected Sainsbury's and Tesco stores
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||329kcal ||2g ||13.4g ||5.6g ||1.8g |
||16% ||2% ||19% ||28% ||30% |
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Flake the Princes Red Salmon into a bowl. Beat an egg and add to the salmon with the mashed potato, 4 tbsp of parsley and some black pepper. Mix well, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and form into fish cakes about 1in/2.5cm thick. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Beat the remaining egg, brush over each fish cake and sprinkle over a few breadcrumbs. Spray lightly with oil and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tartare sauce. Mix together the fromage frais and Greek yoghurt. Finely chop gherkins and capers and add to the fromage frais mixture with the remaining parsley and some seasoning. Cover and chill until required.
- Serve the fish cakes with the tartare sauce, lemon wedges and mixed salad leaves.
N.B: The salmon cakes can be frozen for up to 1 month.