3 x 213g cans Princes salmon
2 medium leeks, (about 250g in total), cleaned and thinly sliced
500mls ready prepared white sauce
200g pack ready washed baby spinach
2 x 230g packs rolled shortcrust pastry
1 egg, beaten
Green salad to serve
Salmon Lattice Pie
30 mins prep
40 mins cooking
Where can I buy Princes Wild Pacific Red Salmon?
Princes Wild Pacific Red Salmon is available in selected Sainsbury's and Tesco stores
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||171Kcal ||1.1g ||10.5g ||3.8g ||0.6g |
||14% ||4% ||19% ||17% ||18% |
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6.
- Using a folk break the salmon into bite sized pieces.
- Heat the butter in a shallow pan and cook the leeks over a medium heat until soft. Stir the spinach, cover the pan and cook until the spinach is just wilted. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Then stir in the white sauce and the salmon.
- Line a shallow 23cm pie dish with one of the pastry sheets, trimming excess pastry from the edges. Place a sheet of baking paper in the tart, add baking beans (see tip below) and bake for 15mins. Carefully remove the paper and the baking beans then return the pastry case to the oven for a further 5mins.
- Cut the second sheet pf pastry into 12 strips each 2cm wide.
- Spoon the filling into the pastry case. Lay 6 strips, in the same direction and evenly spaced over the top of the pie, then the remaining 6 strips in the opposite direction, weaving the them over and under the first set of strips to make lattice (there are lots of clips online that show you how to do this). Brush the pastry lattice with the beaten egg.
- Reduce the oven to 180C/160F fan/gas 5 then bake the pie for 20mins or until the pastry lattice is golden
- Serve with green salad