213g can Princes Red Salmon
6 spring onions, finely chopped
500g ready-made mashed potato
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
4 tbsp plain flour
150g dried breadcrumbs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sunflower oil, for shallow frying
Mixed salad leaves and cherry tomatoes, to serve
Red Salmon Fishcakes
25 minutes prep
20 minutes cooking
So good for a tasty meal to enjoy at Easter.
Where can I buy Princes Wild Pacific Red Salmon?
Princes Wild Pacific Red Salmon is available in selected Sainsbury's Stores
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||465kcal ||3.2g ||19.6g ||7.2g ||1.9g |
||23% ||4% ||28% ||36% ||32% |
- Hard-boil 2 of the eggs for 12 minutes. While they are cooking, drain the can of salmon and flake the fish into large chunks. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the spring onions for 3-4 minutes. Mix them into the mashed potato with the lemon zest and parsley.
- Cool the eggs in cold water, then shell and chop them. Add them to the potato mixture with the salmon chunks and combine together. Season with salt and pepper, then shape the mixture into 4 large or 8 small fish cakes.
- Beat the remaining egg in a shallow bowl with 2 tbsp cold water. Put the flour and breadcrumbs onto separate large plates. Lightly coat the fish cakes in flour, then dip them into the beaten egg and coat in the breadcrumbs. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the fish cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve with mixed salad leaves and cherry tomatoes.