3 x 213g cans Princes Red Salmon
3 courgettes, sliced into lengthways strips
1tbsp olive oil
500g low fat soft cheese
3tbsp finely chopped chives
150g fresh white breadcrumbs
Freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp poppy seeds
2tbsp sesame seeds
20 minutes prep
10 minutes cooking
Make these delicious salmon canapés for a festive party, or to enjoy as a nibble with drinks.
Where can I buy Princes Wild Pacific Red Salmon?
Princes Wild Pacific Red Salmon is available in selected Sainsbury's Stores
Nutritional information for this recipe
||Calories ||Sugars ||Fat ||Saturated Fat ||Salt |
||135Kcal ||2.7g ||5.7g ||1.6g ||0.65g |
||7% ||3% ||8% ||8% ||11% |
- Drain the cans of salmon, then remove the skin and bones. Flake the salmon with a fork.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or the grill. Brush 12 strips of courgette with the olive oil. Char-grill or grill in batches until tender. Cool completely.
- Mix together the soft cheese and chives. Spread a little along the cooled courgette strips. Top with some salmon flakes and season with black pepper. Roll up and spear with cocktail sticks.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and remaining salmon into the soft cheese and chive mixture. Roll into small balls and lightly coat half of them in poppy seeds, and the rest in sesame seeds.
- Serve the canapés on a platter.